Ximode - The best extension for your Xiaomi Yi action camera.
Ximode is the long time requested video and photo mode extension for your Xiaomi Yi action camera. Ximode provides Yitune (GoPro's® equivalent: Protune), SupYiView (GoPro's® equivalent: Superview), improved auto mode (standard mode of your Xiaomi Yi action camera), normal mode and nightlapse mode. Upgrade your Xiaomi today!
CAPTURE BETTER VIDEOS
VIDEO MODES COMPARISON:
XIMODE VIDEO TUTORIAL:
Windows user's please skip the manual installation process. (Skip to 0:36)
CONVERT RAW TO DNG CO TUTORIAL:
HOW TO USE XIMODE
SWITCH BETWEEN MODES (With buttons only):
- Click and hold the shutter button (top button to start filming etc.)
- Now start the camera with the front power button. (keep holding the shutter button)
- After the front LED has stopped blinking (reading process finished), the top small red LED near the shutter button should light up. (keep holding the shutter button)
- Now press within 6 seconds the front power button to choose the script.
Each time a "click/press" has been registered, the WIFI LED will light one time up (blue LED on the side)
Press once -> XIMODE-AUTO will be loaded
Press twice -> XIMODE-NORMAL will be loaded
Press three times -> XIMODE-NIGHT will be loaded
Press four times -> XIMODE-YITUNE will be loaded
Press five times -> XIMODE-SupYiView will be loaded
Press six times -> XIMODE-NIGHTLAPSE will be loaded
Press seven times -> XIMODE-CUSTOM will be loaded
Press eight times -> XIMODE-CUSTOM2 will be loaded
After the x-pressed times, NOW you can stop holding the shutter button.
- The front LED starts to blink and the device will reboot.
Now wait about 10seconds, don't press any further buttons, the device will reboot, and load YOUR CHOSEN SCRIPT.
- The long beep indicates that the script has been loaded, and the amount of flashing times of
the front LED indicates which script has been loaded.
If you want to edit scripts, here is a tutorial how they work and how to edit them.
EDIT SETTINGS WITH iPhone/Android
- Turn on the wifi on your Xiaomi Yi.
- Connect your device(iPhone/Android/Windows/Mac) to the Xiaomi Yi's WIFI.
- Open your telnet programm. (Telnet for android / Telnet for iPhone)
- Input in the right place this IP/Adress:
- The username/login is:
- Now only send/enter:
- There you go, now after several seconds the menu should pop up and you're ready to go.
Simply enter the number of the give Menu/Option/Setting and hit Sent/Enter.
0 is the number to return to menu and write the autoexec.ash script via Telnet.
PLEASE DON'T USE THE REBOOT OPTION WITHIN THE MENU, SIMPLY MANUALLY REBOOT
(power off -> power on)
For more infos on how to use telnet with Xiaomi Yi action camera, please watch the XIMODE VIDEO TUTORIAL above.
SOURCE/ THANKS TO:
• Tawbaware for creating XYC
• alex for XYC Configurator updates
• nutsey Yimax and his blog
• PJanisio Githup rep.
• gente updated scripts
• Fried Custom 1.2.13 35Mbit firmware
• Halvabrosch ash.booter
• strAvus clean recording
• WaffleFPV SuPoorView
• Dashcamtalk society
The creation of XIMODE would have been impossible without these awesome people!